Jobs are posted for 60 days for a fee of $35. Please limit your post to 350 words. No PDF attachments or logos.
To submit a listing for a job announcement on the cmeaonline.org job posting page, complete the following form:
CMEA Job Posting Form
Band Director(s) – Part Time Positions
The Pikes Peak New Horizon Bands and the Pikes Peak Homeschool Bands in Colorado Springs are looking for part time band director(s). The ideal candidate(s) will be proficient in teaching and conducting bands, have knowledge of music selection for the skill level of each band, be an effective communicator, for homeschool bands be able to teach and direct children (ages 9 – 18), and for senior adult bands enjoy working with adult musicians of various skill levels. This is an ideal job for a retired band director or a private instructor wanting to keep up their conducting skills with a group of energetic and fun senior adults and/or with the conscious and well behaved homeschool students (beginning band to advanced band).
We are open to tailoring these positions to the individual’s preferences and expertise. Possibilities include 1) directing both New Horizons and Homeschool bands, 2) directing the homeschool bands, 3) directing the New Horizons bands, 4) directing only the concert band (senior adults), 5) only the jazz band (senior adults).
New Horizons Bands – This group of adults (age 40+ with the average age of 70) currently rehearse on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The concert band meets from 9:45am – 11:45am and the 17 piece big band jazz ensemble meets from noon – 1:00pm on the same days. A concert is given in April and November by both bands following each 12 week session.
Homeschool Bands – This group of homeschool children (ages 9 – 18) currently rehearse on Mondays and Wednesdays. The four bands (beginning, intermediate, and 2 advanced groups) meet for 45 minute classes between the hours of 12:15pm – 3:15pm. A concert is given in January and May by all bands.
Come join our fun loving and supportive band family. For more information visit www.ppiom.org
Please call Bill Callen at 719-598-2373 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Choir Director – Simpson United Methodist Church
Simpson UMC is a Methodist church that is deeply rooted in the Japanese American culture and heritage. Music is also a vital ministry at our church.
Summary: To enhance the worship of Simpson United Methodist Church by leading the Chancel Choir in singing hymns, anthems, introits, and other vocal music; and, to work with Youth and Sunday School children for special musical presentations.
The time involved for this position is approximately ten hours per week.
1. Recruit and retain choir members. Keep a list of addresses, phone numbers, and calling tree.
2. Create and maintain a Christian atmosphere within the choir.
3. Direct weekly and special choir rehearsals.
4. Direct choir during Sunday and any special service or church-sponsored event
5. Coordinate with Pastor and SPRC to find a qualified replacement for an unforeseen or planned absence.
6. Be a member of the Worship Committee/team.
7. Attend weekly staff meetings from August through May.
8. Select and purchase choral music in consultation with the Pastor and/or Worship Design Committee as well as maintain a
9. Work with the ministerial staff and the accompanist to coordinate music for worship.
10. Schedule music selections in a timely manner, allowing adequate rehearsal time.
11. Contract with instrumentalists when performing major works
12. Arrange for guest musical groups, especially in the summer when the Choir is not singing.
13. Maintain the music library.
14. Perform during services when special music is needed.
15. Attend choral music reading sessions throughout the year
16. Be responsible for invoices and vouchers in a timely manner.
17. Help lead the congregational music and/or train choir members to help do so. (optional)