Jobs are posted for 60 days for a fee of $35. Please limit your post to 350 words. No PDF attachments or logos.
To submit a listing for a job announcement on the cmeaonline.org job posting page, complete the following form:
CMEA Job Posting Form
Music Department Lecturer and Campus Manager (Category II) – 12 month
Institution: Metropolitan State University of Denver
The Department of Music at Metropolitan State University of Denver is seeking applicants for a Lecturer for the DIME program at the campus in Denver, Colorado. The successful candidate is expected to teach classes with a focus on a program relevant to the DIME program in Denver, e.g., commercial music, musicology, music theory, songwriting, music industry, and/or music entrepreneurship. The candidate will serve as the Campus Manager for the Commercial Music Performance, Commercial Songwriting, and Music Industry Entrepreneurship programs within the Department of Music, located at DIME in Denver, Colorado. Some travel to Detroit may be required to facilitate coordination of curriculum, instruction, assessment, and administration between the Detroit and Denver campuses. The nature of this position requires the employee to be on-site at the specific campus five days a week and have an outward presence for students, faculty and staff. Work that requires the position to be off-site should be approved by the supervisor.
The University is particularly interested in applicants who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer.
Duties/Responsibilities: Teaching 50%
This position will be required to teach a minimum of 15 credit hours (or equivalent) per academic year and maintain minimum of 5 office hours per week to include advising and consultation with students. This faculty member will be expected to teach in the classroom. The successful candidate should have the background and expertise to be able to teach classes with a focus in music and music-related subjects.
Program Coordination 50%
The duties of Campus Manager of the Music Program at the DIME campus include working closely with the MSU Denver team, department faculty and DIME full-time staff ensuring successful implementation of courses as per the partnership agreement. The position will supervise and evaluate all music faculty on the DIME Denver campus. The position will supervise any Area Coordinators assigned to the campus. The position will work with the curriculum team through all curricular processes. Specific administrative duties include the following:
• Review and approve all student auditions as part of admission to the program
• Track student grades throughout the semester and oversee student progress
• Academic advising of students
• Track student recital and master class attendance
• Supervise student orientations and open houses
• Recruitment, approval of pool applicants, interviewing and hiring of affiliate faculty
• Onboard new faculty including collection and submission of HR documents, completion and submission of affiliate spreadsheet
• Coordinate General Studies course offerings and affiliate faculty hiring with MSU Denver Chairs
• Class scheduling and assignment of affiliate faculty to DIME classes
• Assist affiliate faculty with textbook ordering, classroom support and distribution of syllabi, as needed
• Conduct class observations of affiliate faculty
• Track final grade submissions to ensure all students have received grades by the grading deadline each semester
• Recommend curriculum modifications and work with appropriate faculty and staff to develop, write and revise curriculum
• Recommend and assist with changes to class syllabi
• Conduct faculty meetings including professional development workshops, faculty orientation and training
• Management, support and training for Blackboard lessons, grading systems and MSU IT systems
• Schedule and/or participate in necessary faculty, staff and Partnership meetings
• Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications: Master’s degree in Music or a closely related field plus local or regional recognition as a commercial musician, commercial performer or music industry entrepreneur, or media producer. Ability to effectively collaborate with faculty and staff in a higher education setting. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Preferred Qualifications: ABD, or Master’s Degree in Music plus significant local recognition as a commercial musician, commercial performer, or music industry entrepreneur. College teaching experience with demonstrated effectiveness in undergraduate teaching. Experience developing and coordinating with accrediting bodies. Experience creating and implementing a strategic plan.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Complete applications received by April 29th, 2019 will receive full consideration. Position is open until filled.
As part of your application materials, please upload a document with link(s) to online examples of your video and photography work/portfolio.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, http://www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
Link To apply: http://www.msudenverjobs.com/postings/12084